Oilfield Equipment Mechanic
Rock Springs, WY
Basic Energy Services is now hiring an Oilfield Equipment Mechanic.
As the Oilfield Equipment Mechanic you will troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, recondition, and service oil field equipment, systems and components to ensure continuous operation with all appropriate regulations, as well as Basic’s policies, practices, and procedures. This is a safety sensitive position.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as mechanic.
• Must have experience using hand tools.
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified.
• Must have knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics, and rebuilding components.
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees.
• Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check.
• Perform diagnosis and provide consultation for problems on various types of oil well service equipment based on reports from the field.
• Check mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble, adjusting functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary or determine other actionable steps to resolve issues.
• Perform required repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment.
• Consult with DOT drivers at checkpoints to assist in resolving problems as necessary.
• Act as liaison between drivers and management in resolving mechanical issues.
• Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts equipment or machinery.
• Travel to the field to conduct repair work.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry 10-50 lbs. may be necessary when performing repairs to equipment both in the yard and in the field.
• Ability to enter tight spaces or other areas by the use of ladders or other access devices.
• Ability to stand, squat, kneel, and reach for long periods of time.
• Ability to perform duties with protective equipment, including an H2S respirator, where required.
• Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) are a plus.
This is a safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, you must:
• Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
• Have, display, and maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment.
• Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect your ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position.
• Have, display, and maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state.
• Have, display, and maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance.
• Have, display, and maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in your short-term memory.
• Have, display, and maintain the ability to concentrate.
• Have, display, and maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms.
• Have, display, and maintain caring, committed, and concerned attitude about safety.
• May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs.
Typical working conditions and hazards:
• Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all temperatures.
• Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery.
• Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres, and industrial chemicals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.